Are you looking for auto insurance in South Salt Lake areas? Axis Insurance Agency can help. Our independent insurance agency works with a variety of insurance providers to find you the coverage you need at a price you can afford.
Start With a Free Custom Quote
We would love to help you find a policy that works for you. Fill this out and we will be in touch shortly.
You need insurance coverage that is suited to your lifestyle, your budget, and your vehicle. Axis Insurance Agency will help you find coverage that works for your specific situation.
Utah Auto Coverage Options
Some of the most common auto insurance policies are:
- Liability Coverage: If you are at fault in an accident that causes injury or damages property, this coverage will take care of legal costs and any payments you are found liable for.
- Medical Payments Coverage: This pays for the medical treatment of those inside the insured vehicle, including the driver.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage: If another driver is liable for an accident, but doesn’t have insurance coverage (or enough insurance coverage), this policy will pay for repairs or replacement of your vehicle.
Axis Insurance Auto Coverage
Some of the most common auto insurance discounts are:
- Collision Coverage: This pays for damage to your vehicle if it is in a collision.
- Comprehensive Coverage: This pays for damage to your vehicle that results from things besides collisions. For example, this would cover the costs of repairing damage caused by theft, vandalism, or storms.
- Towing & Roadside Assistance: Roadside assistance and breakdown coverage are services that assist motorists, or bicyclists, whose vehicles have suffered a mechanical failure that leaves the operator stranded.
Axis Insurance Auto Coverage Discounts
Some of the most common auto insurance discounts are:
- A discount for bundling your auto insurance with your homeowners insurance
- A discount for having a good driving record
- A discount for taking a defensive driving course
- A discount for having good grades
- A discount for installing extra security features-this needs removed entirely
- A discount for storing your vehicle in a garage-also removed
If you’re looking for affordable auto insurance in South Jordan, UT, we can help. Call us today at 801-446-4800 to learn about your options.
The policy you choose may include one, two, or all of the coverage options listed in the Utah Auto Insurance Coverage Options. If you’re interested in additional coverage, ask about rental reimbursement and roadside assistance coverage options.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to get an insurance quote?
Finding your perfect auto quote takes minutes. Just stop in or give us a call today!
What does auto insurance cover?
Auto insurance covers you, your car and others involved in a vehicular accident.
How expensive is auto insurance?
Auto insurance is relatively inexpensive, but this depends on your driving history and credit report.
What is the cheapest policy?
The most affordable policy is auto liability. Though it is often recommended that you purchase more than this coverage type.
Can I put anyone on my policy?
You can include members of your household on your policy, but you must all live at the same address.
Can an auto insurance company deny you service?
Yes, they can. If you have a DUI on your record, have bad credit or have caused a serious accident, you can be denied service.
Will my gender affect my premium rates?
Yes, gender does affect premium rates. Using statistical driving data, it has been found that male drivers are generally involved in more accidents. As result, male drivers pay bigger premiums than their female counterparts.
Does my credit score really affect my premiums?
Yes. If you have a low credit score, your insurance premiums will be higher.
Will my red car make my insurance bills more expensive?
No. This is a myth. Driving a red-colored vehicle does not make your insurance premiums more expensive than other colored vehicles.
Does my auto policy cover a rental vehicle?
In most cases, yes. If you’re driving a rental car of similar value to the car you own, your auto policy should be enough to cover the rental vehicle. Liability coverage would cover third-party vehicle damages. PIP would cover yours or the other parties’ medical bills, and if you’re worried about your belongings being stolen, well, renters or homeowners insurance should extend to cover that, too. If you don’t have collision or comprehensive coverage on your regular auto policy, then the one rental car add-on worth considering is a loss-damage waiver. This waives your financial responsibility in the event the car is damaged or stolen. It’ll also cover loss-of-use charges while the car’s being repaired. Always double check with your insurer before declining the different rental car coverages if you’re not clear on what coverage your policy provides.
Are there different insurance coverage types?
Yes, there are different insurance coverage types and they are as follows: Bodily Liability, Property Damage Liability, Comprehensive, Collision and Uninsured & Underinsured.
Is Auto Insurance mandatory?
Yes, auto insurance is mandatory in every state across the U.S., but insurance carrying laws vary. To make sure you have the right insurance, visit your state government’s transportation website.
What happens if I don’t get auto insurance?
If you get in an accident and you’re uninsured, you face getting sued, losing your life’s savings and getting jail time.
Can you pay for auto insurance once a month or annually?
Most insurance companies leave this to your choice. Some will offer you a lower insurance premium rate if you pay your premiums annually.
What happens if I forget to pay my premium?
For your first offense, your insurance company will mail you a warning notice. If it happens again, they will issue a late charge or cancel your policy.
What is an insurance deductible?
An insurance deductible is the amount of money you pay after an accident before your insurance company pays for the remaining amount.
Can I deduct my auto insurance from my taxes?
While it truly depends on your situation, in most cases, car insurance is not tax deductible.
Can I change my coverage whenever I want?
Yes, but you will be charged a cancellation fee. If you wait until the end of your policy, then you won’t be charged.
If I’m driving someone else’s car and get in an accident, whose insurance do I use?
You will use their auto insurance. For whatever costs that are left over, you will then use your insurance.
Will having a parking ticket on my driving history raise my premium?
If you only have one ticket on your driving history, your premium rates will not be affected.